Friday, October 31, 2008

four days left

I watched Barack Obama's speech from Iowa today. I have seen it before. Am I charged up by it? No, not really.

Can Barack and the Democrats fix our economy. Remember what fixed it after the great depression, two things; World War II and government intervention. The Government invested into an infrastructure and created jobs, building roads, buildings and more. We have the roads and buildings, what can Barack Obama do now? Well, under Republican rule many government jobs have disappeared. When that happened service diminished. Make a call to MediCare, see how long you wait. And once the phone is answered see if you get your problem solved.

Politicians say the government is broken and they know the way to fix it. I know the way to fix it, one word, accountability. If each government employee is accountable for their work they would improve. That improvement could make the government better.

I remember back in grade school. I was fortunate to go to a Catholic grade school. There, I was held accountable for my work. If my homework didn't get completed I was punished. Several punishments meant more severe punishments and then possible expulsion. Why don't we have the same regulations and requirements on government employees. Why hasn't the government gotten government employees to do their best? Maybe Barack Obama can motivate his employees.

So what does this have to do with the economy? If the govermnment began to hire qualified people to do jobs it could reverse part of the economic conditions. Many managers are out of work, they could bring new ideas to a stale government. These managers could provide the oversight necessary to make the government work. These new jobs would stimulate the economy.

By the way, I could be one of those mangers. (plug)

No one reads this stuff so my ranting is done. Good day to all.

Just call me Mike

No comments: