Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reps vs Dems

If you are a writer you'll hate my style, I hope you can let that pass.

Can anyone tell me when the parties sat down and broke up the issues? It seems to me like they are kind of well balanced. Reps have guns and life and Dems have choice and police. I wonder how that happened. I wonder why there is such a distinct line between the two. Here's a thought, the Reps are usually in favor of guns. Guns are used to kill, why wouldn't they be in favor of abortion, they both kill? Democrats are in favor of choice or abortion and yet they tend to be against the death penalty, how does that work? Republicans are in favor of less government and yet they go to war and spend more money? Dems supposedly want more government and yet they oppose war and raise taxes. They oppose war and are in favor of abortion. Republicans favor killing our enemies if they pose a threat and Democrats want to see the threat first.

Is anyone else confused?

Republican supporters say don’t take from me and give to another. Democrats have learned that sometimes people need help and are willing to lend a hand. Ahh, but that leads to abuse of the system because the checks and balances don’t work. Democrats say this could work if there were enough people in place to police it. Republicans say we need less government and cut the jobs of the people overseeing the system. Then the system fails when they give the tax money back to the rich. they give more to the rich because they paid more. Democrats don’t understand why they would need it. They probably don't.

Argh, who needs it more? Do the wealthy need it more? Would they hire more people or expand their businesses if their taxes were less? Would they bring the outsourced jobs back to the US if their taxes were less? Would Democrats use the increased tax money properly if there was more of it?

Here is an example of tax dollars at work in a Democratic County. Take St. Louis County; it is run by Democrats. If you need a permit in St. Louis County you go to the County building fill out your paperwork go through a step by step process and you walk out with a permit. Is it perfect? NO. But they have enough people in place to get the job done and it is effective. Take Lake County Florida, run by Republicans. A permit can take up to eighteen months. And, Republicans are pro-business. Most permits in Lake County are done in order and they usually take 4-6 weeks.

In Columbus Ohio it took me four months to get a sign permit. It was a replacement sign the same size as the previous sign in exactly the same location. Columbus Ohio was overworked and understaffed.

Right now this country needs jobs. We do not need Republicans to come in and take money for necessary services and funnel them to their own pet projects like a bridge to nowhere. I see people voting Republican and they have lost their jobs, that’s confusing. The public is struggling and it needs real answers.

In Florida, they cut WorkForce jobs by 25%. Unemployment is growing and a Republican Governor cut out the jobs that help people find jobs. Does that make sense to anyone?

I understand wanting to keep more of your money, after all you earned it. I understand not liking that people get into the “system” and never leave, using “your money.” What if it was you? What if something happened in your industry and you were out of work for an extended period of time. What if your savings ran out? What if your unemployment ran out? What if you didn’t have healthcare? What if you couldn’t pay for your home? What if you couldn’t pay for daycare to go apply for a job? What would you do? Who would you turn to?

My Pharmacist example is the perfect example. When I think of job security I think of a pharmacist. There’s a job that will always be needed. Hmm, he isn’t needed anymore. He is on welfare. He lost his home. As a Republican can you look down on him? He’s now part of the problem, what if it was you?

There I am done for now. Comment, tell me I’m right. Tell me I am wrong, I want to hear.

Call me Mike

No comments: