Friday, October 24, 2008

Let the house go

I could hardly believe my ears. I just heard of people who were foreclosed on. I thought it was the end of the line for those people. I thought at the end of the day they we evicted and they were homeless. I suppose there are some people that no longer have shelter. But I also heard that the banks need to recover some of the money.

So here is a scenario.
A pharmacist who lived in a 7 room home in Sumpter County Florida worked for Walgreen's. Walgreen's has figured out a way to eliminate Pharmicists at each location. The precriptions are keyed into a computer an emailed to a central location. They are reviewed and a pharmacy technician fills out the prescription at the local location. Now Walgreens has eliminated a six figure income for a $15.00 an hour job. So in the case of my pharmacist he has lost his home. He has decided that his world is coming to an end and he has stocked up on rice, beans, pasta and non-perishibles because he fears the worst.

Another individual hbought a $400,000 home. It was foreclosed on and after the preceedings the bank turned to the home owner and asked if they wanted the house? They were offered the house at $72,000. Unbelievably they turned down the bank's offer. They wouldn't even have been able to pay for that loan

Times are tough!!!

The government announced that more than two-million people have lost their jobs as of September. That doesn't count the ones that aren't already out of work. Thousands of jobs will be cut if the markets continue to drop. I am going on record as saying it wouldn't surprise me to see 40% of the population out of work before this is all over with.

What do you think?

No comments: